Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No longer the smallest creature in the house.

Tony and I have been wondering what the addition of a new baby will do to our cat Byron. Safety issues for the baby are of course paramount in our minds, but we have also wondered how his little kitty brain will deal with the reality of a noisy infant.

Yesterday I was in our rocking chair (lovely gift from Tony's parents, thanks folks!) and the cat noticed our baby rolling around in my tummy. Unsurprisingly he decided to stab at the movement with his paw.



He was interested enough not to even mind my taking pictures, like a dork.

After a bout of sniffing I just went ahead and gave into my anthropomorphizing tendencies. I asked our small cat ,with a brain the size of a Walnut, a direct question: "Byron, what do you think about the baby?"

He made his feelings clear.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

"Byron, what do you think about the baby?" Hahaha!!! Good answer, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin