Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nesting?

This morning I woke up to a possible contraction, or maybe just a head-butt to the bladder by my darling Squirmy.

Squirmy is the name I have decided to give my daughter for her remaining in-utero career.

Anywho, I was up way before the alarm clock and reading about childproofing when Tony woke up. I made Tony's lunch and breakfast while antagonizing the cat (this is an actual chore that needs doing every day or he turns into a neurotic kitty mess) and listening to a report on the new 2010 hybrid cars.
Tony came out of our bedroom and I offered to iron his shirt. He looked at me for a bit and asked why I wasn't still drooling on my pillow. I said "Well, maybe I'm nesting." Then we both went very still and visibly frightened.

Nesting is a sign of imminent labor. Even though I am 6 days from my due date Tony and I are not ready to even think about Squirmy's grand entrance.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Hahaha....Squirmy...love the name!!! Hmmm, nesting. This means business, Holt. Pack that hospital bag and get ready to have this baby!!! Perhaps this nannying gig is making me in "nest" mode, too. (just joking). But I do have to be filled with activities from 7:45am-6pm. ugh.

Bethany said...

I hope I'm on your email update list! Exciting! But don't get too excited...the last bit of waiting sucks.

Vana said...

Lol! I remembered how that felt. I was cleaning our apartment up to the moment i headed to the hospital before delivering Nikolas. You just can't stop! Enjoy the last days of sleep...I am sure you can't sleep either...from the excitement, right?
We'll be checking in for updates.

holt said...

Of course you are on the email list Bethany! No doubt.

holt said...

Vana you are not kidding about the nesting. I can't stop organizing my kitchen pantry. I want to go re-arrange the garage right this second!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin