Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hula



Today's rejected birth place(s):

HEB: Seasonal Section (hence the hula hoop that I am almost wearing as a belt)
Randals (after a two hour walking/ waddling session)
St. Michael's Episcopal Church
Chillies
Blockbuster (we need to cool it on the DVDs...but the Wire is so good)
an ATM at 10:30pm
lying in bed drinking red wine. YES I said it. Drinking.

My Mother-in-law suggested a half glass of wine and said it might relax me into contractions. As I walked around the grocery store (post wine) my abs gave up the effort of holding up my uterus. This ment my uterus had to pick up the slack and started cramping as a result. YEAH! Of course it didn't last but I feel productive. I am going into the OB's office early tomorrow morning for a quick check on me and the baby. Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

One good thing about still being pregnant. When people ask, "when are you due," you can look at your watch and say, "now. Like, right now!"

I did that -- it always got interesting reactions. Try it!

holt said...

When folks ask, "When are you due" I get to say, "last week" which is fun.

Then invariably the questioner puts on a happy shocked face and gets really excited! It's great.

Leanne said...

I wish you (big pregnant belly and all) and Tony could have joined us yesterday at the farm. It was a really nice day! I just posted a little entry about the tour.

That hula hoop picture is so cute!

I hope she comes quick so your mom can fuss over the baby and not the house!

Leanne said...

PS- Are you attending St. Michael's Episcopal Church now? Or are you still church searching? Just curious.

holt said...

Mom is very itchy to have a baby to fuss over. In the interim she is attacking our yard and planing landscaping projects with Tony.

I wish we could have visited the farm with you guys! Our veggie prices are crazypants here in Austin. We might just start growing some of our own (in pots, who knows what is in our soil).

holt said...

We have just found out about a church called the Good Shepherd that has a great Pre-K to Kindergarden School with preference for parishioners.

Not that we would join a church for just that reason!

If the kid is still on the inside this Sunday. We are going to check Good Shepherd out this weekend
We already found a local Catholic Church that we like where we are taking Baptism classes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin