Monday, June 23, 2008

No baby, but we did see a Dinosaur!

Today's rejected birth place(s):

OB's office (during non-stress test)
Garden Center (shopping for native plants)
Galaxy Cafe
Grammy's Chevy
In the kitchen making chicken pesto and peach cobbler
In neighbor's yard next to giant dinosaur statue...let me explain.

This morning I had the doctor urge things along during my exam and as a result I have been feeling contractions today. In an effort to get this thing moving I walked and walked and walked some more. This evening it actually got down to a humid 78 degrees so Tony and I went for an after dinner stroll around our neighborhood. We amused ourselves by mapping out stroller routes and checking out other people's landscaping.

When low and behold what should we see but a white house, with a manicured green lawn, and huge green dinosaur. Not ONLY that but these folks also have giant frogs in a Mariachi Band. Sombreros, guitars, the works.
I can't believe I didn't have my camera with me. I will go out again tomorrow (provided I am not in the hospital) and snag a photo of this bizarre and wonderful freaky...thing.

Come back tomorrow for the dino photo.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Thanks for updating your blog so frequently. I keep checking to see if you posted anything about going to the hospital.

You better post a dino picture!

holt said...

I wouldn't rob you of a dinosaur picture! Because of my own OCD tendencies I will probably post on my way to the ER.

Thanks for the "I survived a Japanese Game Show" suggestion, I will totally check that out!

Leanne said...

That show is soooo dumb but soooo funny. Ah, summer tv! Did you like the movie "Lost in Translation"?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin