Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby's Birthday

I have been delighted by the number of friends who have called/emailed/caught me in a chat room to check in and see how I am feeling now that Tony and I are in the home stretch baby-wise. The answer to the question of when is the baby due is "Who knows?" Apparently the kid is a little large and hoped for early, though as Bethany correctly pointed out the pre-delivery estimates are rarely correct.

The kid's due date is June 17th and her tentative induction date (which I would like to avoid) is June 19th, as in Juneteenth here in Texas. Though we might as well just wait her out, since a failed induction and huge baby both might end in c-section land.

Yesterday afternoon I thought it might be "time" due to some contractions that wouldn't go away even after I rested for an hour. Also, Tony was out of town so the irony gods would have been pleased.

However, it was clearly not time as the kid still resides indoors.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

"As in Juneteenth here in Texas..." I feel like such a Midwesterner sometimes! Thanks Wikipedia! My college roommate is due with baby #2 the same time you are so it will be fun to see pictures around the same time! Isn't it like 130 degrees down there now, Geez! Brad and I are going up to a wedding in Michigan this weekend. I want to stay-in-the-loop so please don't have the baby while I'm away from the computer! Ha! I'm so selfish!

holt said...

That totally won't be a problem. This kid is sticking around. Yell at her Leanne! Tell this kid to get moving!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin