Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hello Neighbor

First Item of business: Rejected Birth Place(s):

Tree Nursery
Randals (produce isle)
my couch

Today I really booked it in the grocery store while Mom shopped and Tony tried to keep up with me. That's right I blew him out of the water with my crazy speed walking. As a result I got a horrid contraction in my right side that just went on and on. Mom and Tony say this is progress and I choose to believe them. Rather than assume that I just pulled a muscle.


Second item of business: Mariachi Frogs

Our fine friend Joe is a true son of Lubbock TX and had a bit of interesting trivia about the frogs we spotted during last night's walk. Here is what Joe had to say:
"They were involved in a dispute over authorized advertizing space. The owners claimed they were art not advertizing and to support their claim they sent them to Lubbock to sit in front of our museum for years."

My Mom recalled this news story and said we might have famous frogs in the neighborhood. Joe had thoughts along the same line when he added, "Ask them if the frogs have ever been to Lubbock. Or if, at the least, their frogs know our frogs."

Third item of business: as promised...LAWN DINO!


Final item of business:
I have been avoiding the phone lately because lots of folks want to know about the baby's progress. I really delight in the fact that our loved ones are invested in this baby and it makes me happy to be remembered. However, I don't really want to talk about the labor and birth until it is over. That is why I have been posting so often so that folks can get some news without having to deal with my grumpy mug. Tony however, is all about chatting about baby progress. So feel free to give him a call!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I totally understand about talking on the phone. No problem. Blogging works just fine.

Wow, those pictures are great! So, uh...creative!

Bethany said...

Hi, your neighbors are crazy. THe possibility of having infamous frogs is awesome. We need to visit when we're next in Austin. Violet needs a photo in front of that dinosaur.

Totally understand avoiding those end of the road conversations. It gets old having no news and to keep getting the same question.

Get a massage or a pedicure. A)Justifiable expense. B) Can expedite labor.

Unknown said...

what would they be advertising for? mariachi frogs play your bar mitzvah, or what?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin