Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Shower



One of the hosts had just moved into a beautiful 1950s condo a few days before the shower, the other host was herself 8 months pregnant. Together my glorious sisters-in-law threw me the prettiest shower in the history of time! They made tiny cupcakes and had cookies frosted with the shower details. My sweet Mother-in-law made lovely finger sandwiches (a nod to the traditional X-mas tea mentioned in the last post). They invited all of the friends and family that they could find in the DFW area. A few folks missed out due to my failure to give a proper address. See, I suck at party planning.

It was incredible good fun! The ladies even handed out "advice cards" for my baby book. Here are some of the best:

"I suggest making some quiet time to just listen and feel your baby moving inside you."
"My advice to you is just to ignore everybody else's."
"Once she starts eating solid food - avoid giving her corn!"

Awesome.

The best part of the whole event was having an occasion where my family (my Mother, Grandmother, two Aunts, and two Cousins) was able to interact with Tony's family. They all know each other but they rarely have time to all relax and enjoy (spiked) punch together.

Of course I brought my camera. Who wouldn't on an important occasion like this? However, if you were to ask me "Holt, did you take the camera out of your purse during the festivities?" The answer would be, "I'm an idiot."
Happily my Sis-in-law Karen (who is very clever) gave her camera to one of my energetic cousins and she took loads of pictures. I haven't downloaded these pictures from Karen's camera yet, but when I do I will post them.

It was a wonderful party, and I hope I can repay these ladies for their kindness very soon.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin