Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Le Leche

Q: How do I take a shower with a new baby?
A: Babygate / swing / naptime

Q: How do I shop for clothes with a new baby?
A: Online

Q: How do I manage a long stoplight in a hot car with an inconsolable screaming new baby?
A: Desperate Prayer

These questions were all asked at my first local Mommy Group meeting with the Le Leche League. The thing is that everyone else at the meeting already had a kid (or four) so the answers were all for my benefit. The ladies were very helpful. They were careful to reassure me every time someone mentioned something a bit scary. Like when one mommy mentioned the way her kid keeps gnawing on her nipples and wanted to know if that might end sometime soon. I must have had a freaked look on my face because another member of the group told me that not all babies chew on their mothers.
(Another Mom assured me that MOST babies bite but there are steps you can take to curb that impulse)

I enjoyed spending time with more experienced mothers. It gave me the impression that I might soak in their combined knowledge through some sort of airborn osmosis transfer. Maybe I won't have any freaky troubles with my kid. Because I went to a meeting!

Also they had donuts.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin