Sunday, May 11, 2008

Perfect weather, good friends, swag

This Mother's day we were visited by some fine friends from our college/ Chicago days. Cathleen and Daniel dropped by with their three adorable kiddos. Not only did they help us move in some of the last of our stuff (thanks Daniel) but they also generously offered us some of their baby wrangling equipment!

We now have a baby monitor, activity center, Boppy, Bjorn, and backup Papasan. In case the first vibrating Papasan doesn't suit the kid. I didn't even know that it was possible for a baby to reject an expensive soothing device. Cathleen clued me in to reality and let me know that her third baby completely rejected all his hand-me-down soothing items and would only accept a new baby swing. So it's good to have a back-up on hand just in case. These folks have such great kids. Their eldest daughter (Ella) went through our kid's future books and let me know which ones were more appealing and which were a waste of bookshelf space. Ella was much more diplomatic about the loser books than I am, she is a very polite girl.

Right now Tony is engaging in the soon-to-be rare treat of napping. Later tonight we plan to see a movie (also a rare treat for folks who are saving for house/baby). I am so grateful for all the wonderful items that our friends brought us as my to-do list has shortened drastically with their help. I am also incredibly nervous about the unavoidable reality that there will be a baby up in here very soon.

We also painted our room blue. Just for the fun of it.

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there raising the kids up right.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin