Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Disaster.

Well it is official. The husband and I are in Texas and hella sleepy.

Isn't it funny how a manic energy takes hold at the end of the move causing wondrous athletic feats (lugging the sleeper couch into the truck all by yourself) and unfathomable stupidity (turning off the power strip to your Mac while sweeping up final dust bunnies)?

This last one is the reason I am totally without computer until I can take my poor sad computer to an Apple Store for a miraculous (I hope) recovery. Right now I am using my beloved sister-in-law Becky's laptop (check out her comic in the archives of the main site).

So I will hopefully have a new comic up this weekend but if I don't it is because I am crying in a pool of my own sick next to a broken computer.

I live in HOPE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Chicago! You are missed. How was the long drive once you finally got on the road??!! I hope the folks at Apple are able to help you out- hopefully this isn't a major disaster. Maybe this will just be a set-back...lets hope!

Unknown said...

I don't understand why flipping off the power to your own computer without properly shutting it down first would kill it. (odd -- the verification key that I have to enter in order to comment contains the sequence of letters, FCK.)

jeff said...

Holt, glad that you, snuggle thunder (I think I'm remembering that correctly) and the cat got to the country down under. I do mean Texas.
I hope that there are no wise guys where you are.
Chicago is much duller without you guys here, hurumph.
Jeff
sorry if this is duplicated. I'm such a blog virgin

holt said...

You guys are very cool to send me your good wishes and kind suggestions.

Jeff: Austin is lacking in wise guys (as far as I know) but we have cowboys and aging hippies as far as the eye can see. I heard that Chicago was bitch-slapped with wacky storms the very second we left town!
Not so dull these days!
We both miss you and Nathan though. Thanks for seeing us off last week.

holt said...

Kevin: FCK indeed.  Turns out my eMac was writing trash directly onto the Hard Drive whenever it was forced to use Virtual Memory RAM, which happened fairly often because I didn't really have enough RAM to run my all my imaging programs at the same time.  

I kicked it's ass basically.

On the afternoon in question I was running Illustrator, ITunes, and Safari while watching an episode of The Venture Brothers on my Mac...and then I turned it off.

Have I learned proper computer maintenance techniques since then?

Nope, I just bought a fancier computer.  YAY!

holt said...

Leanne,

The drive was lots of fun with the 2nd trimester CD! Can't tell you how nice it was for our first piece of mail to be a hand-made card from the Rule Nerd and Grammar Wang!

You guys Rock and you Just Don't Stop.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin