Monday, August 4, 2008

The poo is on the Other Parent

Tony and I have decided to institute a once a month free day for each of us. Basically one person takes over total Alice patrol for the day and the other skips off into the wilderness. Being a gentleman Tony let me go first. He suggested I go buy myself something pretty or see a movie. However, I chose to take three non-consecutive naps, take out the garbage, clean the kitchen, take a shower, and do the weekly grocery shopping. Ahhh Freedom!

While I was out Tony experienced a diaper explosion the likes of which neither of us had ever witnessed before. Now I am the only parent who has ever been projectile vomited on and I have been on the receiving end of many an overloaded diaper before, but apparently Alice believes in parity. Though I have been marked often Tony has been marked worse.

I came home with an armload of groceries to Tony in his bathrobe and Alice drained of energy (and everything else) in her cradle. All he said to me was: "I have to go clean out the tub." Yikes.

Tony totally deserves to go see Batman on his day off.


FYI: Check out this fantastic poem about Batman

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Good idea on the "free day." That seems like a healthy decision. I'm so not excited about future diaper explosions....ugh!

I like the poem.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, massive blowout. Delicious.

-Brad

Bethany said...

Awww...thanks. Poor Tony.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin