Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Underwater Alice

We had our first Mommy/Baby bath recently. My Great Grandmother raised an eyebrow when I told her that, like it might be slightly perverse from the perspective of her generation. But as I am a post-hippie generation GenX-er (I think) I had no problem swimming around the tub with Alice.

It was so much fun! She was more than a little apprehensive at the start, as she always is when her diaper is removed (kid doesn't like to make a mess on herself). It was so sweet to watch her relax slowly and get acclimated to the water. I was startled to see her little feet start an instinctive flipper kick and after a bit she was motorboatin' her way around our garden tub!

It was actually a lot easier to bathe the kid when I could get to all her bits. A welcome change from the anxious trembly sponge baths in her little tub.

This is her post-bath kimono/speedsuit. She went all Kung-Fu Panda on me for the picture.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Am I a post-hippie generation GenX-e, too? Cute picture of Alice!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin