Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Carry me away

I have been searching for a baby carrier solution since before Alice was born. The Ergo is supposed to be the greatest baby tool in creation but the infant insert just pins her to my chest like the filling in a taco. So it is useless to us until she is six months old. We have the ole' snuggli from 1978 that is great but growing a little tight on Alice's bum, and it is hard on my neck. Here is Alice in her first snuggli jaunt with daddy:


So recently we have moved on to the Bjorn.

Today was a banner Bjorn-y day. I figured out how (with the help of a borrowed Baby Bjorn- Thanks Cathleen!) to negotiate a laptop with my feet, catch a falling binky and re-inserting it without looking, and eat "lunch" with one hand while simultaneously playing stick with the cat using the other. This was the first time in almost two months since I have played with the cat. I was so thrilled by my new skill set that I played stick for over an hour and the kitty actually got tired of me and abandoned the game in disgust.


However, I caught the kitty snuggling with his stick later in the afternoon so I think he was secretly pleased by the attention. The above photo looks like it was staged but I swear it is candid.

So the Bjorn was great for streamlining my day and lulling Alice to sleep. You know what I like to do after Alice is lulled to sleep? Put her down in the crib. However, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to dislodge myself without waking the baby. Alice is especially sensitive to the sound of snaps unsnapping and the best I could do was wiggle free and set her down gently. This was not conductive to actual sleeping, as you can see.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin