Friday, February 22, 2008

Damn House

Tony is working a fundraising dinner tonight. About an hour ago I looked to the TV for company and relaxation. There was nothing at all worth watching except for House. I am fond of Hugh Laurie, and who doesn't enjoy a cunning procedural?

So I made myself some fishsticks, being that it is Friday and my Catholic husband's Lenten traditions are catching. I sat my very pregnant self in front of the ole' idiot box and gave this simple command, "Take me away TV!"

In quick succession I was witness to these three bastardly plot devices:

New mother has seizure in bathtub while holding baby. Baby must be resuscitated.
Baby in the NICU has a heart attack and must be shocked back into consciousness.
New mother suffering from a illness that brings on psychosis successfully smothers her baby.

Damn House. Why do you gotta be such a bitch to my pregnant self?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin