Friday, February 15, 2008

We have another party guest


Years ago I created this illustration for a holiday greeting card. It's origin is a story about a fine fellow named Jason who has been a firm friend of ours since college. My husband once happened upon Jason unexpectedly while traveling in Minsk or perhaps Copenhagen (I can't remember) with Joe (habitual subject of my comics). Joe and beloved husband were walking down a snowy street and suddenly came face to face with Jason who proclaimed "Joe, I have lost my pants!"

Joe steadfastly refused to look down.

As it happens Jason had forgotten to pack long pants for his trip and was sporting shorts. Jason is not the sort of man to be deterred by small concerns like freezing to death so he chose to brave the elements with bare knees. We are delighted that he has decided to roll down to Austin to join our little mini college-reunion.

As to the house, we are still spinning plates like mad trying to stick to our closing deadline. Feel free to send happy thoughts this-a-way.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin