Monday, March 3, 2008

Rice-A-Roni

If anyone has been wondering where I have been the past few days the answer is this: San Francisco!



We were in San Francisco so that Tony could attend a conference at the Fairmount and I could visit my dad and his partner Jill. Man, believe me when I tell you, the Fairmont is one crazy fancy hotel:


Here is an example of the general super fancy-ness of the Fairmount:

Every blessed thing is gilded "Trump-style".

One other interesting feature of the Fairmont is that it is located at the very tippy-top of one of the steepest streets in the city. There is no affordable food or drink to be found at the top of the hill so a thrifty person (such as myself) must brave a 75 degree incline all the way down to Chinatown. After a long travel day on Wednesday Tony and I were just hungry enough to think that it was worth rolling down a hill for the promise of eggrolls. Happily we were able to inch our way down the almost vertical street without incident. The food we found at the bottom was slightly crappy but who cares at 10pm?

Even more impressive was our mighty assent back up the hill after being stuffed full of said eggrolls.
Tony said I was a real tiger for making that climb while so very very pregnant.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin