Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ivett

Last night my Aunt Ivett passed away after a long illness. Ivett was a well known and respected talent agent in Dallas. Most of the folks who have ever appeared on "Walker Texas Ranger" owe her for their jobs. She was a funny and fierce lady. Ivett could also be tremendously sweet and she gave me my first job out of college working at her agency. She also gave me a shot as a working commercial actor. I completely failed to book any work (beyond a few spots, extra work, and a random industrial Pizza Hut DVD) but Ivett let me stick around for more than a year playing around in her office and joking around with her during lunch.

It is completely unfair that Ivett should have to pass away so young and that my cousin has lost his Mom before his senior year of high school and that my Uncle should lose his wife. However, Ivett was a determined lady and she built her dream home, her dream business, and dedicated tons of time to her favorite charities before her health failed her. Most of all she spent many happy years with her husband and son. They were always a fun adventurous family and they clearly delighted in each other's company. I know that Ben and Philip will continue that tradition of happy adventure in the years to come.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

Bethany said...

Our thoughts are with you and your family. It sounds like she had a great family and life!

holt said...

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers they are very much appreciated.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin