Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Roadtrip through Hell

Today we embark on a minor road trip to Dallas where we keep a good 60% of our combined relatives.  My Grandparents, 2 Aunts, 1 Uncle, and 5 cousins live in the area and my favorite person in history (my sister) just flew into DFW.
Tony has both his parents and 2 of his siblings living in town, in fact they are about 5 minuets away from my people.  One brother is driving into town with our Godson and our sister-in-law KAREN (you can see her comic in my archives).

Altogether DFW is super convenient for holiday get-togethers.  

However,  looming between our tiny blue car (fuel efficiency!) and familial bliss is the most horrid stretch of I35.  Construction has pushed the once mighty road down to one lane and every commuter is trapped like rats the day before any holiday.  Check it out, even the local paper had a story on the impending chaos:


(Thanks to my always prepared Grandad for sending me that story)

So Tony and I are going to try a crazy circuitous route around the hellish traffic snarl and hope that we make it to a relative's house before the New Year.  Wish us luck.  In turn I wish all of you luck on your many and varied Holiday Travels.  May everyone reach their destination with minimum fuss and total safety.

Take Care.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin