Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All is well in Whoville

Hey Ya'll,

After a bit of fiddling service has been restored to the site and Kevin's comic is available for all to see.  Please ignore the indecent bit in panel #2, that was a total accident.  Don't look at it.  Promise?

You know what I am dying to eat right now?  Pumpkin Pie.  DYING...
Good sense and tradition dictates that I should wait until Thursday to sink into that sweet gourdy custard, but I am awful tempted to visit my local HEB (the one with roving cops in the parking lot), find a non-frozen bakery pie, and tear right into the flaky squishy goodness.  
But THAT would be crazy and people would stare.  

Besides I am trying to maintain a healthful diet in preparation for gluttonous excess that I know is just hours away.  Fiber, veggies, and fruit.  Those are my mainstays lately.  This morning's bran muffin prompted this comic.  I am slightly ashamed of this comic but seeing as it is 2am I will post it anyways.



I apparently, am not above potty humour.

Thanksgiving is such a weird holiday in New Mexico, which is where I grew up.  Much of the population is Native American, and while most of those folks are cool with a feast day the whole infected blankets/ decades of genocide thing is a touchy subject.  My Mom works with primarily Native clients and she tends to treat Thanksgiving as a random day that happens to include varsity level cooking.  

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh wow, that is the first time I've seen myself in comic version. Crazy.

holt said...

Hope you like it!  You guys are a lot of fun to re-create in comic form.  There are Violet and Dave comic characters in the works.
The teeny-tiny roller skates for Violet were a bit tricky but totally worth it, I think.  

Blog Widget by LinkWithin