Thursday, September 18, 2008

Raspy McNo-voice

Alice is sleeping in her crib during the day. Oh fantabulous day! She must know that Mom is a germ factory because she fell asleep in the crib and not my lap for the first time in who knows how long. I have almost no voice left so apologies to Leanne who was sweet enough to give me a call this afternoon. I will catch you later lady!

I hope that I haven't infected my niece and nephew who were Ike refugees this weekend. Here is a picture of the three cousins together being enthralled by Auntie Karen:

This is Alice's beautiful cousin Marilyn who was born one month before Alice. The girls were both interested in checking out the ceiling fan in our bedroom, but I was able to distract them with the camera for an instant. I can't wait until the girls are old enough to play together in earnest rather than just gazing adoringly at the same shiny thing.



The kids are coming back this Saturday for Alice's baptism. Which should be very tiring for their poor parents who just made the trip between Houston and Austin twice already this week. Poor folks. But as the Godparents-to-be they have no choice. Alice appreciates their dedication.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Greetings Earthling. Yes, I tried calling ya this afternoon. I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a voice. bummer. I hope you feel better for Alice's baptism this coming weekend. Looks like you had a decent visit with the fam despite Hurricane Ike. Cousins! Cute kids!

Brad and I are going up to Michigan this weekend. We need a break. We're using a B&B gift certificate from Christmas '07. Sweet.

Hopefully we can connect sometime next week. Take care.

Hi to Tony.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin