Friday, December 21, 2007

JOE's opus continues...



Today we venture to home of JOE's parents where we have been kindly offered a much needed break in the midst our 12 hour drive to Albuquerque. Tony and I have enjoyed the company of JOE's whole clan before today. We once went on a fine camping trip with the whole group (minus one member still in school).

Car trips have taken on a whole new meaning for me now that a small person is sitting on my bladder and causing my hips to ache pretty much constantly. I have been instructed to get out and walk every two hours. This goes against all my road trip instincts. Like everyone raised in the southwest I am a professional car-tripper. I have amused myself (sans radio) staring out the window of our station wagon for up to 20 hours at a stretch. The only stops were for gas and 5 minuet bathroom breaks. In my mind nothing short of a blown tire breaks up a a road trip.

I feel like such a pansy.

However, not wishing to piddle in the car I will do as my doctor suggests.

Happy Travels to you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As much as I enjoyed that comic, and found it thought-provoking, I think I will email Joe directly about it.

Unknown said...

speaking of ironic deaths...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/21/roof.ap/index.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin