Friday, July 24, 2009

"Ry Ruff Eww"

"Mhhm." Says I to the noise coming out of Alice's mouth as I cut up an apple for our snack.

"Ry Ruff Ew." She repeats and then says, "Tank" after receiving her slice of apple.

"You're welcome", I reply automatically.

My pantleg is tugged gently and I look down. "Ry Ruff...Ew." Alice says into my blank face, then she adds to clarify: "...Mama".
I am beset by a sudden thunderous realization and a buzzing thrill behind my cheekbones.

"I love you too baby!"


Color me gobsmacked.

4 comments:

dwija said...

Oh Holt, you're making me get all teary eyed! That's so awesome. Love it!

holt said...

Thank you! It just melted my heart into my socks.

Today she came upon me while I was on my back doing crunches and gave me a drool filled (slightly bite-y) long kiss on the mouth.

I didn't quite know how to react to such a movie kiss from my toddler. It was both sweet and disgusting.

Unknown said...

O.k. - this is the first time I've had a minute to check on the blog in probably close to a year (I was sorry to hear the mobile of baby joyness broke!), and I see THIS. You made me a blubbering fool in less than a second. Damn. You. Holt!

*sniff*

Ry Ruff Ew. (and Tony, too.)

Joanna

holt said...

Oh Joanna! I haven't talked to you in a dogs age! What is up in your world?

Two questions:
Are you on Facebook

If not, why not?

Also Tony says, "Come visit" and I agree completely.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin