Monday, June 22, 2009

All (Green) Thumbs

In a combined effort to tame the wilderness around our homestead Tony has taken to the trees and I have gone to ground.
The plot of crab grass in our front yard is beset by weeds almost year round and has been interfering with our neighbor's healthy grass. When my Mom came to visit she helped me get a jump on starting a front garden.


Since she left I have expanded the outline of the garden and removed the poison oak you see climbing the house. I added rosemary, flowering sage, whirling butterflies, and a smattering of other flowering plants. However the heat has been incredible the last few days and I am watering like a madwoman trying to keep these little plants moving in a non-dead direction.

I will post a picture of the thriving result when (if) it occurs.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin