Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I've got a new way to walk

Alice took a nap in her carrier this afternoon as Mommy tried to burn some calories by taking a walk at naptime. My back was killing me by the time Alice woke. Yoga usually cures what ails my spine so I let Alice play by the couch as I went through a few moves.

I was performing the downward dog yoga pose (rear in the air) when I looked through my legs to make some eye contact with Alice. She was standing by the couch laughing at my silly pose. Then to my utter surprise she took one steady and unwavering step towards me, then two, three...four!

I watched my daughter's *first steps upside down.


*Caveat: Alice's "First Step" (singular) was actually witnessed by both Tony and myself as Alice did a magnificent swivel move on her heal in order to switch from standing on Mommy's toes to standing on Daddy's feet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the ergo hurts your back? Isabelle's too. Mine not. Hmm. That is really disappointing.
Back pain: I have a funky tennis ball contraption I use; let mek now if you're interested...

holt said...

The ergo could cause constant spasms and I would still use it all the time. I'm sure Isabelle and I see eye to eye on this one!

Ergo has freed me from being the only person who can put Alice to bed, I can take a business call without being interrupted by baby squeaks, and naptime can happen outside of the house.

So worth it.

Anyway, I have a back massager called Tony that works just great!

Unknown said...

I am sure it is worth it, but what about trying another brand of carrier?

holt said...

Any suggestions from the more seasoned parent?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin