Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back online/ lunch with Brad

Back before our computer died our buddies Brad and Leanne came to visit for my birthday:
I took this video during feeding time (on my birthday) of the rehabilitating wild birds at the Nature Center in Austin. Notice Brad feeling sad for the rat at the end of the movie.

Alice however sided with the bird.



While our buddies were in town we took them to "Mother's" vegetarian restaurant multiple times and after the holidays my sister came into town and was also dragged to Mother's.

I am slightly addicted to the cashew tahini salad dressing found at that particular establishment, plus the changing tables are ample and in both unisex bathrooms. This is a serious consideration these days. Not only that, the staff consistently provide us with a cup of hot water for disinfecting pacifiers and toys that have hit the floor.

It was great having Jesse in town even though we mostly stayed indoors and played with the baby. New Years Eve we saluted the fireworks via our upstairs guest bedroom window with crystal glasses full of lemon slices and...water. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Before Jesse's visit Alice and I flew to NM where Alice collected snuggles from her Grammy and toe licks from Grammy's dogs.


Before that Alice visited her cousins in Houston and collected pacifiers from Santa in the stocking provided by her Auntie Karen and Uncle Toby.

Tony and I enjoyed Alice and our niece Marilyn's first Christmas morning.

Tony and Marilyn



Alice ended her vacation in Dallas playing with her Granddad Mike, Grandma Nancy, and Uncle Mike. She had fun eating at the dinner table with the grownups and adding babybabble to the conversation, instead of sitting in front of "Hulu" with her parents. Alice also spent the night at her Great Granddad's house. While her parents were enjoying coffee Alice stole a kerchief of her Great Grandmother's head and put it on her own little noggin. Of course my camera batteries would die before I could capture that precious moment.

After all that travel we made it home to a repaired laptop (note to self: always get the extended warranty on mac laptops) and peaceful days playing with all her Christmas booty. Baby bliss:

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Hmmm. I need a haircut.

That video is so gross. But yet I watched it again.

Is that your sister kissing Alice?? Man, you look like twins!!

Looks like you had nice visits in New Mexico and Dallas. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Was that a buzzard? Those things give me the creeps. Oh well, I don't mind them taking out those bubonic plague carrying vermin.

holt said...

That is indeed my sister kissing Alice, she has the same face as me but younger and cuter. NM and DFW were grand and if tickets were cheeper we would spend all our time hanging with the fam.


Michael, Alice totally agrees with you about the rats. "Death to vermin!", she squeaks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin